After restarting the server the Centrify Licensing Service does not start automatically as configured on the service. The service can be manually started without issue.
60 seconds is the default wait time for services. The service will fail to start if the dependent service is not started. In some instances the dependent service takes longer than the default wait time.
Note If the ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type 180000, and then click OK.
This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
- Restart the computer.
For more information, please refer to the Microsoft KB article (provided as a courtesy):
Note: The resolution may not apply if the service is installed on a Domain Controller. It is not recommended for the Licensing Service to be installed on a Domain Controller.