Direct Audit has the ability to capture Audit Trail Events and create a record in the Windows Event viewer. What configuration must be done to enable this capability?
The ability to record Windows Events through Direct Audit is done using a Group Policy Object. In this example, the event that will be captured in Event Viewer is generated when the Audit Analyzer is used to delete a session. The complete list of events that can be recorded is found in the Centrify Infrastructure Services: Audit Event's Administrator's Guide.
1) Import the Direct Audit Group Policy templates into the Group Policy Editor
2) Open the Group Policy Object in the Group Policy Management Editor. In the image below, the Default Domain Policy is opened. Enable the policy:
Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Centrify Audit Trail Settings -> Audit Analyzer Settings -> Send audit trail to logfile
3) Run gpupdate to update group policy on the machine
4) Test by deleting a session in the Audit Analyzer
5) Observe the Audit Trail Event in Windows Event Viewer