When running the adbindproxy script "Please specify the stock samba winbindd listen path(dir) if it is not in [/run/samba/winbindd]", testing for two situation of running adbindproxy:
1. When socket file defined in /var/run/samba/winbindd
/etc/centrifydc/smb2.conf shows: # # This file was generated by Centrify ADBindProxy Utility # [global] winbindd socket directory = /var/run/samba/winbindd2
wbinfo -t shows: checking the trust secret for domain SUPPORT via RPC calls succeeded
2. When defined in /var/run/winbindd
/etc/centrifydc/smb2.conf shows: # # This file was generated by Centrify ADBindProxy Utility # [global] winbindd socket directory = /var/run/winbindd2
wbinto -t shows: could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE could not obtain winbind domain name! checking the trust secret for domain (null) via RPC calls failed failed to call wbcCheckTrustCredentials: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
Failed even socket file does exist:
/var/run/winbindd2: total 8 drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 May 24 10:11 . drwxr-xr-x. 38 root root 4096 May 24 10:11 .. srwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 0 May 24 10:11 pipe
Question: So what value does adbindproxy expect and how to define if the path that is different from default value when running adbindproxy?
Points to be clarified on specifying stock samba winbindd listen path:
1. In adbindproxy, "Please specify the stock samba winbindd listen path" means the default listen path, which have been specified when build stock samba, it cannot be changed. 2. adbindproxy provides one default value of stock samba winbindd listen path which is the value of general stock samba 3. There may be some particular stock samba whose winbindd listen path is different from our default value.
Therefore, when defining the winbindd listen path:
1. Most of the time it works with default value adbindproxy provided.
2. If default value is not usable, start stock samba and use "netstat -anp | grep -i winbind" (on linux) to find stock samba winbindd listen path, then specify it when run adbindproxy: Please specify the stock samba winbindd listen path(dir) if it is not in [/run/samba/winbindd] : <Enter new path here>
For more information of finding location of winbindd, please refer to below KB:
KB-7411: Samba Troubleshooting - Finding the location of winbindd for adbindproxy script https://centrify.force.com/support/Article/KB-7411-Samba-Troubleshooting-Finding-the-location-of-winbindd-for-adbindproxy-script