Applies to: Centrify Identity Service
An administrator is using Centrify to push ActiveSync mail profiles to enrolled iOS devices. When end users attempt to share photos from the Camera Roll using Mail, the user is prompted to add a new mail account, even if an existing mail account is already present on the device. The expected behavior is that it will open the native iOS Mail application, but it fails.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Enroll device successfully with Centrify.
2. Open Camera Roll, select photo, click Share icon.
3. Select the Mail app.
4. Expected behavior is to open the Mail app. Instead, the user is prompted to Add Account.
5. Attempts to add the account manually will display the following error:
This scenario may occur if iOS restriction settings applied using MDM Policy do not allow the use of a managed application to share a document using an unmanaged application.
Administrators should verify MDM policy configuration and make adjustments to restriction options.
Locate the MDM policy name used for the device by viewing the device properties Policy Summary details. Once the policy has been identified, edit the following policy options:
- <Policy Name> | iOS Settings | Exchange Settings | Properties | Disallow third party use of account must be deselected.
Set these options to "Yes":
- <Policy Name> | iOS Settings | Exchange Settings | Permit opening managed app documents in unmanaged apps -
- <Policy Name> | iOS Settings | Exchange Settings | Permit opening unmanaged app documents in managed apps
For additional information not covered in this guide or troubleshooting assistance, please review Centrify Online Help or visit the Centrify Customer Portal at support.centrify.com.