How to configure Centrify Identity Platform to launch with local client for SSH sessions using Remote Access Kit?
1) Login to the Admin Portal
2) Navigate into the following location:
Settings -> Infrastructure -> User Preference -> Local Client Launcher -> Under the “Local Client Launcher” section -> Click “Download”
3) Follow the on-screen wizard and process to install the Remote Access Kit.
4) Once completed the download, back on the Settings page check the “I have installed the Local Client Launcher on this computer.” Option and “Test” the functionality of the plugin.
(Optional) If unable to launch local client:
5) After the configuration above, Windows searches for the executable in a list of folders which is configured in environment variables. As we can set the environment variable either by using cmd command or GUI as following:
In this example, we will be using PuTTY as our local client launcher:
- Using cmd to set the path as a standard user:
The Environment variables windows will appear, search for the Path variable in User Variable section and click the Edit button. Then input the PuTTY system path as its variable value
- From Windows desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties
- Using GUI to set the path:
- In the Advanced system settings click on Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced System section, click the Environment Variables button.
- In the Environment Variables window, search for the Path variable in User Variable section and click the Edit button.
- Append the PuTTY system path as its variable value
- The above only applicable for Windows not Mac.
- Secure Web SSH and local SSH client feature currently does not support:
- Users who require MFA at UNIX login