This article describes the ways to resolve the "Failed to modify display specifier. Access is denied" error and proceed with the cloud connector configuration.
Applies to: All versions ofCentrify Identity Service
In the Cloud Connector Configuration Wizard, "Failed to modify display specifier. Access is denied" is encountered.
The credentials specified in this Setup Properties Page do not provide sufficient permission. As stated, Enterprise Admin privilege is needed to modify the Active Directory Configuration:
1. Use an Enterprise admin account to run the Cloud Connector Configuration Wizard, and select "Use current user credentials" radio button in above screenshot.
2. Select "Specify alternate user credentials" radio button in above screenshot and specify an Enterprise admin account.
3. Uncheck the "Activate Centrify property pages" checkbox in above screenshot. (If mobile device management is not done on AD side, please feel free to uncheck the checkbox. Please see the note below for further details)
Note: If "Activate Centrify property pages" box is unchecked, the only impact would be - Centrify Mobile tab will not appear in the following scenario:
1. Go to Active Directory Users and Computers and right click the domain > Find.
2. Enter a username in the Name field.
3. Click Find Now. Double click on the user returned or right click the username > select "Properties"
4. Centrify Mobile tab cannot be found under the user's Properties:
Centrify Mobile tab can still be seen, however, in the following scenario:
1. Go to Active Directory Users and Computers
2. Locate a user or a device > Properties
4. Centrify Mobile tab can be seen and be used to manage the enrolled device.