Centrify Identity Service, App Edition
This article explains the process steps to delegate Active Directory permissions to the Centrify Cloud Connector service to perform password reset actions for end users. By default, the connector service is started using the Local System account of the host running the connector service. Administrators can choose to use and configure a service account with the proper permissions to perform password reset actions or manually delegate password reset permissions to the connector host.
For additional information on required service account permissions, please refer to the online help section: Permissions required for alternate accounts and organizational units
.Start the Delegation of Control Wizard, select your user or group to delegate
1. Open the ADUC, find your domain tree and browse to the topmost level that you wish to apply user permissions, right-click > 'Delegate Control'.
2. At the Welcome dialog, click 'Next'.
3. At the Users or Groups dialog, click the 'Add...' button. You will be prompted to add a user or group to which you will apply delegated rights.
4. Select the Object Types button and check the box next to Computers. Click OK
5. At the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog, either type the name of the connector host or click 'Advanced'> 'Find' to locate your resource you wish to apply permissions to.
6. Once you've selected your resource(s), click 'OK' at the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog, then click 'Next' at the Users or Groups dialog.
7. At the Tasks to Delegate dialog, you can select from a wide assortment of tasks to assign to your users.
8. Verify that 'Delegate the following common tasks' radio button is ticked and select 'Reset user passwords and force password change at logon' and click the 'Next' button.
Once you've finished delegating your tasks, you can click the 'Finish' button at the Completing the Delegation of Control Wizard dialog. For additional information not covered in this guide or troubleshooting assistance, please review Centrify Online Help or visit the Customer Support Portal at https://www.centrify.com/support/customer-support-portal/