All Centrify Report Services versions on all supported Windows platforms. Question:
Why does Centrify Report Services not install correctly when port 80 is used by another application such as tomcat and Apache?
The Centrify Report Services Configuration Wizard cannot be completed due to an error that occurred:
The service was unable to access Report Services.
By default, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services use port 80, and it is not recommended to run it with a third party software which also uses port 80 or 443.
Microsoft Reporting Services can be configured to use other ports in case of a port conflict:
- Open Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
- Navigate to "Web Service URL"
- Change the TCP port to an unused port other than 80. For example, port 8080.
- Navigate to "Report Manager URL" then click "Advanced"
- Change the TCP port to the port number specified in step 3.
- Run the Centrify Report Services Configuration Wizard and specify URLs with the new port number. For example, http://reportservice:8080/ReportServer_CssREPORTS2
- Verify reports can be accessed through the specified port. Firewall rules may also need to be modified.