: Centrify Identity Service, App EditionQuestion:
When creating a custom browser extension application manually, or via infinite apps, how can the "name" value of the login/password field's CSS selector be used?Answer:
Some webpages have dynamic id tags, or the id tags sometimes cannot be found by the Centrify Browser extension. In this situation, the "name" field is a possible alternative. To use the name field:
- Navigate to the webpage in question
- Right-Click on the Username/Password field and choose "Inspect"
- The browser's developer tools should then open. Look for an entry similar to "name=username"
- Here is an example of what can be seen in the developer tools:
- <input id="userInput" class="inptxt username-input" type="text" name="userid" size="33" maxlength="105" style="cursor: auto; background-image: none; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: repeat;">
- Navigate to Cloud Manager > Apps > Centrify Browser Extension App > Advanced
- Populate the User Name/Password fields with the following syntax to use the name field instead of id:
- Replace "NameOfCssSelector" with the actual name value of the CSS Selector. In the above example, this would be input[name=userid].
- Repeat steps 1-5 for the password field.
- Click "Save"