What are the steps to migrate or upgrade from Centrify-enabled Samba to stock Samba and the new Centrify Adbindproxy?Answer:
The following steps have been validated with Centrify DirectControl version 5.0.2 and higher:
1) Obtain stock Samba version 4.2.11 or higher from a 3rd party download site where it is available.
2) Download adbindproxy version 5.3.0 or higher for your operating system from the Centrify download site.
After obtaining these downloads, please update in the following order:
1) Backup the smb.conf file in the current Samba directory.
2) Uninstall Centrify enabled Samba.
3) Install stock Samba that was downloaded earlier.
4) Upgrade adbindproxy that was downloaded earlier.
5) Run adbindproxy.pl.
6) Verify it is working.Note:
- If you have any questions about the changes being made to Centrify Samba integration to please see KB-6731.
- A new Samba Integration Guide is included with the download of Adbindproxy if you need more information on how to deploy Centrify Adbindproxy.
- When running an adcheck after this installation, you might see a message stating you're using stock Samba and recommending you install Centrify Samba. Please ignore this message.
If you are using Red Hat 7, there will be some additional configuration needed. You can find those steps in the knowledge base article KB-6834