Applies to: Centrify DirectAudit Versions 3.2.3 or above
What are the functions of Audit Management Server Component?
The Audit Management Server (AMS) component has four functions:
1. Calculate final size of all incoming sessions in 'Completed' state automatically (asynchronously).
- Initial phase for this calculation is performed by the collector/database stored procedures. Here, we will calculate each row that is being inserted into the database.
- Second phase for this calculation is performed by the Audit Management Server service itself. When a session is marked 'Completed', the AMS scans for all associated rows of that session and adds together the size of all rows to compute the final size.
2. Synchronize and cache the members of AD groups in database. This is done only if you have defined an audit role with group criteria; we only cache information of groups that are specified in the audit role definition.
3. Upload license usage to Active Directory - This schedule scipting writes current license usage information to the computer object where Audit Management Server is installed so that Deployment Report can pull license usage without actually contacting the DA databases.
4. Despool audit trail events - The Audit trail events are written to the Audit Store databases through the Management database. However, it may happen that during this process not all Audit Store databases are accessible. Examples such as network issues or DB server being offline, we need to spool the events on the Management database and send them to the Audit Store database as soon as it comes back online which is what this cronjob does. Please note that it's an extreme corner case.