Centrify DirectControl version 5.2.4 with all versions of OS XQuestion:
The updated Centrify DirectManage Deployment Manager has been downloaded from the OS X El Capitan Support Resources
page and installed on a Windows machine on the domain.
After adding the Mac systems into the computer list, the updated El Capitan-compatible agent (version 5.2.4) does not appear to be selectable for deployment to machines on OS X 10.10 and below.
Since the recommended practice is to install the latest agent first before updating the OS, how can Deployment Manager be used to push this build out to pre-10.11 machines?Answer:
1. After installing the updated DirectManage Deployment Manager software, download the zip attached to this KB:
Create a new folder and extract the zip contents into it:
3. Open the newly installed DirectManage Deployment Manager and select "Import Centrify Product Catalog" from the Action menu:
4. At the "Import Catalog" wizard, browse to the Suite-2015.1+OSX-10.11.xml
file from Step 2
and complete the wizard.
5. Proceed to the first stage of the Deployment Steps:
• Step 1. Build Computer List
• Click the [ Add Computers... ] button and use the options to add the target Mac systems into the Deployment Manager computer list.
6. After the computer list is populated, proceed to the second stage of the Deployment Steps:
• Step 2: Download Centrify Software
Click the [ Download Software... ] button and select the "Copy from network or local drive
Browse to the same extracted folder from Step 2•
There will be two Centrify Software Packages found:
• Analysis Tools
• Centrify Suite 2015.1 (Support Mac OS X 10.11)
7. Once the updated software packages are listed in the package table, the rest of the Deployment Steps can be completed as normal:
• Step 3: Analyze Your Environment
• Step 4: Deploy Centrify Software