Centrify Identity ServiceProblem:
If an AD user has the "User must change password at next logon" option enabled in their ADUC properties, they may find they are not able to log into their Centrify User Portal (or the Centrify Cloud Manager).
There is no prompt to change their password and the user is brought back to a login page with a blank user field instead.Cause:
This can happen to users with recently expired passwords (either via policy, or manually via the "User must change password at next logon" option) if the following conditions are true:
- User has previously logged into the cloud
- The expired password notification for the user has not yet been sent from AD to the Centrify Cloud (this may take up to 20 minutes).
- Log into the Centrify Cloud Manager and force a reload of the affected user from the "Users" tab.
- After a user's password is expired in AD, make sure to wait 20 minutes before asking the user to log into their User Portal again.
- This has been partially mitigated in version 15.6 of the Centrify Cloud Service to improve usability:
- If the user tries to login within that first 20 minutes of password expiry - only the first login will fail, however subsequent logins will work properly.
- The issue will be properly resolved in a future version of the Centrify Cloud Service.