Applies to: All versions of Centrify Identity Service on Mac OS X
As there is no way to install Fiddler on Mac, how to retrieve the fiddler traces from Mac devices?
A wireless network, a mac, and a Windows machine with Fiddler installed will be required for collecting the Fiddler trace. Fiddler is a tool for capturing web traffic.
Configure the Windows/Fiddler host to capture traffic from the mobile device
Download and install Fiddler and then open the application.
Click Tools > Fiddler Options > Connections
Click the checkbox to "Allow remote computers to connect".
4. Restart Fiddler.
5. Ensure your firewall allows incoming connections to the Fiddler process.
6. Hover over the "Online indicator" at top right of the Fiddler toolbar to display the IP address(es) assigned to the Fiddler host machine.
7. Verify the Mac can reach Fiddler by navigating in the browser to
8. Verify that Fiddler is capturing traffic by going to File > Capture Traffic. There should be a check mark.
Install the Fiddler root certificate on the Windows/Fiddler host to decrypt HTTPS traffic
Download and install the Certificate Maker plugin for Fiddler.
Click Tools > Fiddler Options > HTTPS
Click the "Decrypt HTTPS Traffic" box
5. A warning box will appear to trust the Fiddler Root certificate. Click the Yes button.
6. Another warning box will pop up asking to install the Fiddler Root certificate. Click the Yes button
To capture traffic from Mac
On the Mac, disable any 3G/4G connections.
Go to System Preference > Networks > Wi-Fi > Advance > Proxies.
3. Uncheck for the box "Auto Proxy Discovery" and check for "Web Proxy" and "Secure Web Proxy"
4. Configuring Web Proxy Server and Secure Proxy Server with the IP address of the Fiddler instance (from Step 6 of the Windows machine configuration section).
5. In the Port box, type the port Fiddler is listening on (Usually 8888)
6. No need to check for the box "Proxy server requires password"
Install the Fiddler root certificate on Mac to decrypt HTTPS traffic
Go to http://ipv4.fiddler:8888/ in the browser.
Download the FiddlerRoot certificate from the bottom of the Fiddler Echo Service webpage.
Open the FiddlerRoot.cer file and it will prompt to ask for modifying the Keychain Access. Please set for "always trust"
(Installing the root certificate)
Reproduce the issue on the Mac and capture the traffic
Reproduce the issue on the Mac and the web traffic should now be seen being captured in Fiddler.
After the issue has been captured, go to File > Save > All sessions...
Send in the .saz file in to Centrify Support for further investigation.