Centrify Identity ServiceQuestion:
As part of configuring SAML apps for supported websites, Centrify Cloud Manager provides links to download the IdP-metadata as an XML file in the App Settings pages.
However some sites such as Crashplan PROe ask for a direct-download link to retrieve the metadata instead of an XML upload. Since the download link in the Applications Settings page is dynamically generated, it cannot be right-click and copied out from the page.
Is there a URL that target sites can use to dynamically download IdP-metadata info?Answer:
- The public IdP-metadata-URL is published in the format:
- Where [appkey] is the unique key of the added application for the tenant, and [customerid] is the tenant ID for the account.
- The easiest way to retrieve these values is to download the "Identity provider metadata" XML file from the Applications Settings link, and then look inside for the Location attribute inside the "SingleSignOnService" tag
- The SingleSignOnService > Location attribute holds the app URL in the format:
- Copy out this URL and replace "run" in the URL with "saasManage/DownloadSAMLMetadataForApp"
- For example, if the SingleSignOnService > Location attribute shows the app URL as:
- The public IdP-metadata-URL will be:
- As of version 15.1 of the Centrify Cloud Service, direct-download links are now displayed in the App Settings pages for SAML apps that require it.
- For further information on SAML app configuration in Centrify, see the App Configuration Online documentation: