Applies To: Centrify Identity Service
This quick start guide is intended to assist Administrators with a general overview of installation and configuration steps
for Centrify Identity Service.
Just getting started? Follow the sections below to register and setup your cloud tenant in just a few minutes – quick and easy!
Register for the Centrify Identity Service and configure your tenant:
The steps below will allow you to register and access your cloud tenant in only a few minutes for use with
cloud-based user accounts using the Centrify User Service (CUS).
- Register for a free trial of the service at http://www.centrify.com/free-trial/identity-service-form/.
- An email will be sent to the registration address that contains a link to activate your Centrify.com account.
- After account activation is complete, the cloud tenant Customer ID and login credentials will be sent via email along with next steps.
- Login to the Centrify Cloud Manager portal at https://cloud.centrify.com/manage using the administrator account provided via email – you will be prompted to change your password during first-time login.
- The Quick Start wizard will be displayed after login for quick and easy configuration.
Integrate with Active Directory & LDAP (optional):
The steps below will allow for download and registration of the Centrify Cloud Connector to integrate SaaS
application access and mobile device management for Active Directory users.
- Login to the Centrify Cloud Manager portal at https://cloud.centrify.com/manage using the administrator account provided via email. Having trouble with login? Use the "Forgot your password?" link in the login window.
- The account used to register the cloud connector service must belong to a cloud role with the "Register Proxies" permission. For additional info, refer to the online help section Creating Identity Platform Administrators.
- Download the Centrify Cloud Connector – the download link is available in the Cloud Manager portal via Settings > Cloud Connectors > Add cloud connector.
- Install the cloud connector on any member server running Windows server 2008 R2 or higher. Installation on a domain controller is not required but can be used for testing or evaluation purposes.
- After the cloud connector installation is complete, registration is required to start the connector service. Enter credentials of an account with the "Register Proxies" permission such as the cloud-based administrator account or similar role member.
Provide administrative access to other user accounts:
By default, only the cloud-based administrator account will have login access to the Cloud Manager. To provide
access for cloud-based accounts or Active Directory admins or users, perform the following steps:
- Login to the Centrify Cloud Manager portal at https://cloud.centrify.com/manage using the administrator account provided.
- Click “Roles” from the top menu.
- Select the System Administrator (sysadmin) role.
- Edit the list of members by adding users, roles or AD groups.
Verify User Portal login:
The final step before adding additional apps, roles or policies to the Cloud Manager should be to verify both
Active Directory and cloud-based users can login to the Centrify User portal. Successful login is important to verify
before users can access SaaS applications or enroll mobile devices.
- By default, all Active Directory users have login rights to https://cloud.centrify.com/my to access provisioned applications, manage mobile devices and account contact information. Users simply login using their full AD username or email address and password.
- Cloud-based user accounts (CUS) must be members of the "Everybody" role. This option is enabled by default when creating new cloud-based user accounts but the option can be disabled if an Admin chooses.
Additional Help and Information:
- Typical next steps include configuring access Roles, group policy and adding your first SSO application.
- For additional online help regarding management of Cloud Manager settings, apps, device management, roles and policies, please refer to the Centrify Cloud Manager Online Help portal
- End user online help is also available - please refer to the Centrify User Portal Online Help
- If you encounter any issues or simply have a question or great idea to share - be sure to post it here in the Community to receive assistance from other community members. For technical support assistance, please review our Knowledge Base or open a new Support Request
Congratulations! You should now have a fully functioning cloud tenant with the ability to manage both cloud
and AD users to provide access to SaaS applications, mobile device management and policy controls.