All versions of Centrify DirectControl on Mac OS XQuestion:
How to change the hostname of a Mac that is currently bound to the domain with Centrify? Answer:
To change the hostname of a Centrify-bound system, it first needs to be taken off the domain.
For more information on this, see also the following KB:
- Unbind the Mac from the domain and delete the computer object from AD
- This can be done either via the Centrify Join Assistance on the Mac and then manually deleting the computer object in ADUC.
- Or it can also be performed via command-line on the Mac:
- sudo adleave -r -u domain_admin_username
- Delete the DNS record of the Mac from the DNS server
- Go back to the Mac and run the following commands:
- sudo scutil --set HostName MAC-HOSTNAME
- sudo scutil --set LocalHostName MAC-HOSTNAME
- sudo scutil --set ComputerName MAC-HOSTNAME
- (Where "MAC-HOSTNAME" is the desired hostname for this Mac in AD)
- Once the name properties are all aligned, rebind the Mac to the domain.