Applies to: Centrify Identity Service
After adding the Centrify for Office 365 web application to the Admin Portal
, users are being prompted by Office 2013 and Lync 2013 periodically for credentials to SharePoint Online, OneDrive and Lync Online. Office 2016 applications may also experience similar prompts.
Some example of the type of credential messages are as follows:
- "Sign in with your organizational account"
- "Credentials are required"
Note: This information is provided as a convenience only and does not represent support offered by Centrify. Any links to third-party software available on this website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied and such software is to be used at your own risk.
Note: The KB contains steps that require editing of the registry. Serious problems might occur if the registry is modified incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before modifying. The registry can be restored if a problem occurs.
From the Microsoft KB above:
- Start Registry Editor.
- Browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity
- Right-click on the entry and select New
- New dword value to the registry called "NoDomainUser" set to value of 1
- After system restart, user may be prompted for credentials once after opening an Office application
For additional information not covered in this guide or troubleshooting assistance, please review Centrify Online Help
or visit the Customer Support Portal