Centrfiy DirectControl version 5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.8 and higherQuestion:
Multiple wifi profiles have been configured within the following GP:
- Computer Configuration / Centrify Settings / Mac OS X Settings / 802.1X Settings / "Enable Machine Wi-Fi Profile"
The profiles are confirmed to be pushing out to the Mac systems and are visible in the following locations:
- System Preferences > Profiles
- System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > [ Advanced... ] > 802.1X
When multiple 802.1x machine-certificate wifi profiles are setup, it is expected for a selection to be available at the login screen.
However no selection can be seen, how can this selection be made available at the login screen?Answer:
The wifi profile selection is only visible when the OS X login window is configured to "Name and password". This is a behaviour of OS X itself and not controlled by Centrify.
To switch the login window, configure the following option:
- System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options > Display login window as: Name and password
- This setting can also be enforced via the following GP:
- Computer Configuration / Centrify Settings / Mac OS X Settings / Accounts / "Set login window settings"
- For further information, see: