All versions of Centrify DirectControl on OS X 10.9Problem:
Printers defined in the "Specify printer list" GP do not show up on OS X 10.9 Mavericks systems.
Mac systems on OS X 10.8 and earlier located in the same OU(s) and receiving the exact same GPO can see the printers being installed with no issues.Cause:
In OS X 10.9, the generic printer model name was changed from "Generic PostScript Printer" to "Generic Postscript Printer". This in turn broke the printer detection in the MCXSettings module which is used to install the printers.
This has been determined to be an Apple bug and only affects printers installed using the Generic PostScript Printer driver. The same issue also affects Apple's own Workgroup Manager in a non-Centrify environment.
Apple have been notified and have assigned this as Apple Bug #15456859.Workaround:
- Update the Mac Agent to at least version 5.1.3-482 where the fix is built in.
- Attached is a template configuration profile (.mobileconfig file) that could also be used to install printers on a Mac system:
- Download and open the file with a text editor (the .mobileconfig is in XML format).
- Search for the UserPrinterList array and edit the following keys for each printer as needed:
- Once all printers have been added, save the profile and double-click the file from a Mac system to test that the printers can install correctly.
- Users can be asked to download and double-click this file manually, or it can be deployed via the method in the following KB:
The issue lies in a module that is not managed by Centrify.
Please contact Apple and reference the above Apple Bug ID if needed.