Centrify DirectControl on Mac OS X 10.8 and higherQuestion:
SafeNet eTokens are a Certificate-based PKI USB Authenticator.
It supports all eToken PKI and password management applications.
Does the Centrify DirectControl agent support SafeNet eToken Pro
i.e. Can they be used as a type of smart card authentication with Centrify?Answer:
- Centrify does support Centrify SafeNet eToken Pro and can be configured as a smart card on Mac systems.
- Note: Other products in the eToken family series have not been tested. Compatibility testing will require a compatible tokend from the target product.
- To configure the eToken Pro with Mac systems:
- Enable smart card logon in Windows using the following Microsoft link:
- (This step should also be used as a starting point for trying other SafeNet eToken products)
- Once the Windows environment has been set up, proceed to the "Configuring a Mac OS X computer for smart card login" section in the Centrify Admin Guide for Mac OS X
(All external links are provided as a courtesy)