Applies to: All versions of Centrify DirectControl for UNIX/Linux
In Centrify DirectControl console (aka DirectManage Access Manager), how does an administrator change the master domain controller for multiple Zones?
If one is using the same master domain controller for multiple Zones, it may be necessary to change the domain controller for all Zones at once.
For example, if several Zones use the server ginger.ajax.org as their master domain controller, and the server has a hardware failure or another problem that requires it to be taken down, all of the Zones using that domain controller need to connect to a new master domain controller.
Note: Make sure to notify all Centrify DirectManage administrators before changing the master domain controller for multiple Zones and if possible, make this change while they are all logged out. Depending how long it takes for replication to complete across the domain controllers in the Active Directory forest, it is recommended to schedule this change for a time when no administrators need access to Zone information.
- Open the DirectManage Access Manager Console.
- In the console tree, select Zones to display the list of Zones in the details pane.
- Use SHIFT-then highlight all the zones-CLICK or CTRL-CLICK to select Zones to set to a new master domain controller.
- Right-click, then select "Change Master Domain Controller".
- Type the fully-qualified domain name for the new domain controller, then click OK.
- Click Yes to confirm the change.
The above information is also available in the Administrator's Guide for UNIX, which can be downloaded from: