Centrify DirectControl for Mac OS X 10.7 and above.Question:
Is there a way to disable the AirDrop function in OS X via Group Policy?Answer:Note:
- The scripting hints provided in this KB are provided as a proof-of-concept only.
- Centrify Support does not cover custom-scripting - please contact Centrify Professional Services for further assistance with custom scripts.
The AirDrop function can be disabled using the following command:
- defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser DisableAirDrop -bool YES
This command can be pushed out via a login script.
To achieve this, please use the following steps:
- Create a login script containing the command above. (Or just use the one attached at the end of this KB)
- Save the script to the following folder on the AD server:
- Set up the Login Script GP at:
- User Configuration / Centrify Settings / Mac OS X Settings / Scripts / "Specify multiple login scripts"
- Enter the filename of the script only: disable_airdrop.sh
- The "Parameters" field can be left blank.
- Do NOT use the "Specify login script" GP for this script as it needs to be run within the user context.
- To allow the GP to take affect immediately, go to the Mac as the AD user, open up Terminal and run the command:
The setting will take effect the next time the user logs out and logs back in.