Applies to: All versions of DirectManage Deployment Manager
How to enable logging in Deployment Manager?
Logging in disabled by default for performance reasons.
To configure logging for Deployment Manager:
1. Right-click on the Centrify Deployment Manager node and click Options.
2. Click the "Log Settings" tab.
3. Click "Enable DirectManage Deployment Manager console log" to start recording details about console operations in a log file.
Deselect this option to stop recording operations in the log file.
4. (Optional) Enter a path name or click Browse to specify a location for the log file.
5. Click OK.
6. Send the log file to Support in step 4.
The computer history/trace can also be used as shown below:
Working with History
From the History node or an individual computer’s History node, the complete record of all of the actions that have been taken for each discovered computer can be viewed and tracked.
When performing any action on a computer, a summary of the event is recorded under the History node with the date and time of the action and an indication of whether the action was successful.
For example, the History node records when the computer's environment was analyzed, fixed issues, refreshed computer information, deployed software, and joined a domain.
To see more details about any historical event, select the event, right-click, then click Properties. Click the Trace tab to display log file details about individual operations.