- Copy the desired background picture to the AD server's \\[domain]\SYSVOL\[domain]\ folder, or to an accessible network share.
Set up the Copy File GP at:
Computer Configuration / Centrify Settings / Common UNIX Settings / "Copy files"
- Browse to the background picture and configure the destination to: /Library/Desktop Pictures/
- Make sure "Copy as binary file" is enabled.
Open the attached login script for editing.
(Don't use Windows Notepad, use a UNIX-capable text editor instead, such as Notepad++: http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
- Change the filename variable to the background picture being copied over and save the script to the following folder on the AD server:
Set up the Login Script GP at:
User Configuration / Centrify Settings / Mac OS X Settings / Scripts / "Specify multiple login scripts"
- Enter the filename of the script only: set_wallpaper.sh
- There is no need to enter anything in "Parameters".
To allow the GP to take affect immediately, go to the Mac, open up Terminal and run the command:
- Logout and login as an AD user to see the new wallpaper.