Applies to: All versions of Centrify Zone Provisioning agent on Windows 2003/2008R2
While following the documentation, the following errors are seen when trying to run Centrify's ZPA using a service account which is allowed to 'log in as a service':
"Failed to start service. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
There does not seem to be any logs related to this failure, what could be the cause?
In a very locked down environment, queries to AD may take longer than normal to respond thus affecting the startup the ZPA services. It has nothing to do with delegation.
Below are the steps to extend the timeout:
1. In Registry Editor, locate, and then right-click the following registry subkey:
2. In Control, in the right pane of Registry Editor, right click and choose New then DWORD.
3. Replace New Value #1 with ServicesPipeTimeout and then press ENTER.
4. Right-click the newly created ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry and click Modify.
5. In the Value data text box, type 180000, and click OK
**Note TimeoutPeriod is a placeholder for the value of the time-out (in milliseconds) set for the service.
For example, to set the time-out period to 24 hours (86400000 milliseconds), enter 86400000.
6. Restart the computer for the Service Control Manager to apply this change.
For more information, please refer to the Microsoft KB article (provided as a courtesy):