Applies to: Centrify DirectControl on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) only
What is the recommended approach for upgrading the Centrify Agent with Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)?
It is recommended that the upgrade be performed with the machine connected to both the domain and with internet access.
- Login as an AD User with Local Admin rights or directly as the Local Admin.
- With either CDC 4.4.x or 5.0.x installed and running either 10.6.x or 10.7.x (both have App Store support for the upgrade to 10.8), download the latest agent version from the Centrify Download Center. (http://www.centrify.com/support/downloadcenter.asp).
(Note: OS X 10.8 is supported from Centrify version 5.0.3-288 onwards)
- Upgrade (NOT Uninstall/Reinstall, just Update) the agent package first by using the DMG or install.sh. There is no need to leave and rejoin the domain.
- Upgrade the Mac to OS X 10.8.
(App Store access should now be allowed, the user can simply click on the App Store on the dock or within the applications folder. If there is a deny symbol on the icon, this can be ignored).
- The Mac will restart after upgrading.
- The user should be able to login with AD credentials as normal.