Applies to: All versions of Centrify DirectControl on AIX platforms only.
In a situation where there is a local account and an AD/Centrify account with same name, what steps need to be taken to avoid login issues?.
If the AIX account previously used local AIX authentication, then all user account artifacts must first be removed from AIX for AD to take control of logins:
1. First migrate local account from AIX to AD using Centrify migration tools (import it from CDC console).
2. On the AIX system, remove the local account from /etc/passwd, /etc/security/user and /etc/security/passwd
3. Add a stanza to /etc/security/user under root:
* CentrifyDC SYSTEM = "compat"
4. Verify that the Centrify account now works successfully.
Note: If login still failed, verify:
1. in /etc/security/login.cfg the line for 'auth_type = PAM_AUTH'
2. refer to IBM link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1011226