Centrify DirectControl 4.2 or above on Mac OS X
How do I setup master password for Mac via GP?
Currently, we don't have a specific group policy to configure the master password for Mac OS X. However, you can achieve this by using the "Copy File" Group Policy.
1) Login to the Mac with local administrator account and configure the master password as desired.
2) Copy the following files to SYSVOL on the domain controller.
The location of SYSVOL is assumed to be: \\DomainController\SYSVOL\DomainName
You can either drop the files here or create a folder to do so.
In this example, a folder "Files" is created to put the files underneath it.
3) Open Group Policy Object Editor and select the group policy object that you want
4) Select Computer Configuration > Centrify Settings > Common Unix Settings.
Then, double-click "Copy files" group policy and enter information as shown below.
Make sure to select the check box "Copy as binary file"
5) To apply the new GP setting immediately, please login to the Mac with local administrator account and bring up Terminal. Then, run the "adgpupdate" command.