In a situation where a customized syslog-ng (instead of /etc/syslog.conf) and a dedicated syslog server is used, Centrify debug does not work when /usr/share/centrifydc/bin/addebug is executed. The following error message is seen:
ERROR: /etc/syslog.conf not found. Operation cancelled.
1. Edit /etc/centrifydc/centrifydc.conf and change the log: parameter to DEBUG so that Debug is turned ON.
2. Run adreload to make adclient pick up the new setting.
3. If adnisd is being used, please run 'service adnisd reload' to make adnisd pick up the new setting.
4. Configure /etc/syslog to send auth.* traffic to /var/log/centrifydc.log
5. Reload syslog configuration by restarting or HUPing the same.
6. Reproduce the issue in question.
7. Reverse configuration modified in steps 1-5.
8. Email Centrify support the file /var/log/centrifydc.log.
Note: This is a unique setup. It would be next to impossible for Centrify to make addebug (a shell script) smart enough to work with all the combinations of customer's configuration.