Deployment Manager cannot determine the OS of Linux hosts, it shows “unknown” in the OS filed and software deployment is disallowed.
We check the kernel version while determining the OS information. This issue comes out when the Linux/Unix OS has a new version of kernel.
We can manually override the analyze information by enabling “Custom Query”.
We will enter “Debian 10” as OS platform in following example.
1. Go to the host where Deployment Manager is installed and open C:\Windows\regedit.exe
2. Right-click on "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Centrify\Deployment Manager"
3. Select New and create a new "DWORD value"
4. Set the new DWORD value name as "Custom Query"
5. Set the Base as "Hexadecimal" and the value data to "1"
6. Open Deployment Manager
7. Right-click on the Debian host and select Properties
8. Select Advanced...
9. Click on the field OS Version and input deb10
10. Right-click on the Debian host and select Refresh Computer Information
11. Then, you can find that the Operating System can be recognized as "Debian 5".