Applies to: Centrify DirectControl on Mac OS X 10.6 and higher
How to setup authenticated printing on the Mac?
There are three ways to setup authenticated printing with Centrify:
- Use the "Specify printer list" group policy under
User Configuration / Centrify Settings / Mac OS X Settings / Printing Settings / "Specify printer list"
Note: This GP installs the printers with generic postscript drivers.
- To install printers with their specific drivers, use the KB at:
- To install printers manually, use the following steps:
- Further detail on these steps and authenticated printing can be found on pg39 of the Centrify Admin Guide for Mac OS X:
- On the Mac, go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Press the [ + ] button to add a new printer and select "Add Printer or Scanner..."
- On the "Add" dialogue, either right-click or Control+click on a space next to the Windows icon in the tool bar and select "Customize Toolbar..."
- Drag the "Advanced" icon to the toolbar and click "Done".
- Select the newly added Advanced option and the printer can now be added under the type: Windows Printer via Centrify DirectControl
Note: If printers have been added but authenticated printing is not working, please see the following KB for troubleshooting steps: