Is there a recommended sequence to follow for changing a Centrify-joined server's hostname and IP address?
The following steps must be performed BEFORE changing the hostname and IP address of a Centrify host/server:
- On the system to be renamed, run the following command:
- # adleave -r
- This needs to be done as root, the -u parameter can also be added to specify an authorized AD user immediately.
- The -r option removes the computer account from AD
- Perform the desired operations on the host/server, such as changing the hostname and IP address, then reboot.
- Do adjoin as normal substituting the usual flags needed in the organization.
- # adjoin -n <computer name> -u <admin username> -z <zone name> <domain name>
- -u username AD user authorized to join a computer
- -n (new) computer name
- -z zone name (to join in Zone Mode)
- -w workstation mode (to join in Auto Zone)
- -f force
- # adjoin -n new_computer_name -u Administrator -z DB_Zone demo.com