When trying to upgrade or uninstall the Centrify Agent for Windows, the following error appears:
Windows Installer error:
Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
The “Error applying transforms” is usually due to an invalid transform registry path.
By removing the transforms path in the registry, the error "Error applying transforms” will no longer appear and the Agent will be able to be upgraded or uninstalled successfully.
1. Open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey.
2. Enter ‘regedit’ in Run’s text box and press Return to open the Registry Editor.
3. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products in the registry.
4. Right-click Products in the Registry Editor and select Find to open the search window.
5. Select the Keys, Values and Data check boxes on that window.
6. Enter "Centrify Agent for Windows
" in the search box.
7. Press the Find Next button. That will find the registry product key for the Centrify Agent for Windows.
8. Double-click Transforms to open the Edit String window.
10. Delete all info in the Value data box, and press the OK button.
If the “Error applying transforms” error message still appears after attempting to uninstalling/upgrading the Centrify Agent for Windows, delete the Transforms key instead by right-clicking it and selecting Delete.
11. Close the Registry Editor window.
Please see the following 3rd party link for more information:https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-error-applying-transforms/
(link provided as a courtesy and Centrify is not responsible for its content or availability)