802.1x Auto enroll certificate is failing on Mac OS Sierra, causing the user to manually select the certificate in order to authenticate.Cause: Solution:
- Verify the following :
- Confirm correct Mac GPO settings are being applied.
- Confirm certificate template is configured as prescribed in https://centrify.force.com/support/Article/KB-2798-How-to-setup-a-workstation-authentication-certificate-for-auto-enrollment-for-Mac-OS-X/
- Confirm the template name does not contain any spaces.
- Confirm the template name in the GPO matches.
- Run adflush and reboot.
- Confirm Mac computer name is less than 15 characters.
- Confirm there are no other profiles in System Preferences.
- Confirm the certificate in /var/centrify/net/certs/
- Confirm the certificate in Keychain > System
- Check the "System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" and if it is disabled to set it to "Enabled"
2. Once all above is confirmed, upgrade Mac OS to High sierra