How do you pick up the latest GP settings after upgrading DirectControl to 4.x?
After upgrading DirectControl Console, you need to import the new group policy templates to the Console in order to pick up the latest group policy settings.
1. On the Domain Controller, click Start then Run...
2. Enter mmc to open up the Microsoft Management Console
3. Select File -> Add/Remove Snap-in...
4. Click Add... and select the Group Policy Object Editor
5. Click Add
6. Browse and select the Group Policy object to which you want to apply the new Group Policy setting, then click OK
7. Select Finish
8. Select Group Policy Object Editor
9. Select the Group Oolicy object to which you want to apply the new Group Policy setting
10. Click Finish, then click Close and OK to close the Add/Remove Snap-in window
11. Expand the tree of your selected Group Policy, select Computer Configuration
12. Right-click on Centrify Settings and select Add/Remove Templates...
13. Select Add... and add the latest Group Policy template that you want to apply
14. Click Open
15. If a pop-up window shows with “The selected XML file already exists. Do you want to overwrite it?”, click Yes
This action will only overwrite the template, it will not affect any existing configuration in the template that is applied.