How is debug logging enabled on machines running DirectControl and what other data may be needed for support purposes?
On the Centrify Unix server, run the following commands as root or sudo:
1. Turn debugging on and watch for any errors.
2. Clear out any previous logs entries.
3. Make sure /var/log/centrifydc.log is growing in size.
(On HPUX this file is /var/adm/syslog/centrifydc.log).
4. Reproduce any issues as requested by Centrify Support.
5. Turn off debugging.
6. If a user problem is involved some additional details about the user are required. Run these additional commands where <user> is the affected user:
adquery user <user> -A > /tmp/adquery_user.txt
dzinfo <user> > /tmp/dzinfo.txt
7. Run the following command to gather the logs into a single archive:
8. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the following files:
9. If the files are too large for email, please contact Centrify Technical Support for FTP server details.