1. Launch Analytics Portal and go to Insights , click ManageDashboards and add Apps Dashboard.
Click on any dataset from the graph below let’s take 6/26/2017 and this would launch all “App launch events ) as you can see in the query
3. daily='06-23-2017' AND app_name='NetSuite' AND event_type in ('Cloud.Saas.Application.AppLaunch')
Now edit the above query to the following event_type in ('Cloud.Saas.Application.AppLaunch')
4. On the right top corner of the same page change the “relative” days to 30 days and click Apply
As you can see the data set is much bigger now , we can drill into more specifics as per our requirements.
5. Go to the right top corner Add a filter and ‘Application .
6. In the application edit controls change the value to top 20 application launches and save it .
7. Now you can see in the bar chart the top 20 applications and in this case it is “salesforce”
Now click on Salesforce from the bar chart to add it to the query and click on apply
8. You can now see the query has changed to
event_type in ('Cloud.Saas.Application.AppLaunch') AND app_name IN ('Salesforce')
9. You need to save this as a dataset for later use as shown. You can also share this dataset with other people. At the moment it is only available to you as you have created it.
10. Go to insights and create a new dashboard , Name salesforce app insights and click create
11. Lets add a widget ( line chart for example ) and then add the chart values as you seem fit and click apply
12. This chart gives you all the App launches in a particular day , as you notice during weekdays the launches are the highest and it goes down during weekends. You can also add time per hour to see when the launches are the highest during a given day .
14. Last thing , lets add a Bar Chart and find the user who used Salesforce the most in the last 30 days .
Add the values and the filter you ceated earlier and click Apply .
15. You can see the result here User Gary has launched Salesforce application the most in the last 30 days. . You can also add many other widgets with your filter as shown above or use existing ones per your needs.
Start analyzing and exploring data using Centrify Identity Analytics for endless possibilities.