How to disable "Show preview column" in Finder?Answer:
To disable "Show Preview Column" in Finder, use the following steps:
- Download the attached script "removeicon.sh".
2. Go to the group policy which is located: User Configuration / Policies / Centrify Settings / Mac OS X Settings / Scripts / "Specify multiple login scripts"
- Enabling this will allow multiple scripts to run automatically when a user logs in.
- Make sure to place the script in \\<domain>\SYSVOL\<domain>\scripts (or create a subfolder to put them in)
3. Enter a script name, which is relative to the path:
- For example: \\<domain>\SYSVOL\<domain>\scripts folder
- When specifying "removeicon.sh" ()
4. Leave the Parameter field empty.
5. Once applied, run "adgpupdate" in terminal on the Mac and logout and log back in.