Enhancements to Centrify Server Suite enable the seamless integration of the nodes in a Hadoop cluster into Active Directory for user authentication leveraging centralized access controls defined within Active Directory. Centrify also automates the configuration of Hadoop in secure mode centrally, from the name node. Centrify generates service accounts within Active Directory and distributes service account credentials across all nodes. This central management of service accounts simplifies running Hadoop in secure mode and ensures the continued management of the Kerberos environment required for secure mode.
Hadoop administrators and Big Data analysts benefit from simplified access to the Hadoop cluster, as they leverage single-sign on to the cluster and across nodes using their standard Active Directory credentials. Centrally managing user accounts in Active Directory eliminates the need to create multiple identities for users and ensures a “one user, one identity” framework that strengthens security, lowers IT costs and streamlines your organization.
Other enhancements include:
- Easier integration with security information and event management (SIEM) systems
- Smart card support for Red Hat 7
- Smart card re-authentication for Windows privilege elevation
- Improved auditing performance
- Privacy features for audited data
- More automation capabilities for reporting and audit database management
New client platform support includes:
- CentOS 5.11, 6.6, Debian Linux 7.7, Fedora 21, Linux Mint 17.1, OpenSUSE 13.1, 13.2, Oracle Linux 5.11, 6.6,7.0, Oracle Solaris 11.2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/Desktop 5.11, 6.6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.10, 5.11, 7.0, Scientific Linux 5.11, 6.6, 7.0, Ubuntu Desktop/Server 14.10, SUSE Enterprise Linux 12
For detailed list of improved features and supported platforms, please see what’s new in Server Suite 2015. (Support Portal login required)