1. Need to have Analytics Entitlement.
- If you do not see one please request one from your account representative.
Centrify Analytics engine uses machine learning ( User behavior and pattern discovery )to detect user anomalies/activities and generate alerts. The Administrator can then use the “Insights” Tool” to have a dashboard view , if you need to drill into a particular data set from the dashboard that information opens in the “Explorer” view.
Let’s get started .
- Once you open the “Analytics Portal” you will be presented with “Default Dashboards”
- There are 7 out of the box dashboards as we write this document
- Apps ,Endpoints,MFA,Resources,Risk,User,User Experience
- You can also create “Custom Dashboards” of your own or Import a Dashboard of particular interest shared by your colleagues from the menu shown.
- Let us take the “Apps” insights Dashboard : This dashboard Shows applications related data for users who accessed the Centrify Identity Platform. This dashboard is pre-populated using specified filters and queries
- For each data point within a dashboard, you can perform more tasks, such as
- Events configurator - Shows the filters and other data used to generate the widget
- Expand/collapse the query window
- Delete the widget from the dashboard
- Drill into the data by clicking the widget. Opens in the Explorer view.
- You can add new “Widget” as shown
- Click on “Apply” once you have added the new Widget to your “Insights DashBoard”
- This now will give you the “Geo Location” of the App users .
- Once you want to drill into a query from the “Insights Dashboard” this will open in the “Explorer View”
- Below is a sample query for O365 application launch on 3-16-2017
- You can always drill into more details of a specific data point you are interested in by
- Manually editing the SQL query string
- Manage and view default and customized queries
- Add more filters and data points to your query based on the existing criteria
- While analyzing a query on the Explorer page, you can also filter data by specific event types as shown
- This is how you can start analyzing and exploring data using Centrify Identity Analytics for endless possibilities.
Please also take a look at How to Configure Risk Based Access Control - Using Analytics